With intense concentration, Hiro Nakamura can twist the flow of time to his whim...
|Ability To||Psychically manipulate the flow of time, and related phenomena|
Also Known As
- Chroniton Control/Chroniton Manipulation/Chronon Control/Chronon Manipulation
- Temporal Control/Temporal Manipulation
- Time Bending/Time-Bending/Timebending
- Time Control/Time Manipulation
- Time Turning/Time-Turning/Timeturning
- Time Warping/Time-Warping/Timewarping
This is the ability to psychically manipulate time and temporal phenomena.
One with this ability can psychically accelerate or decelerate the passage of time, at will. In addition, one can psychically stop or reverse the passage of time, at will. Furthermore, one could psychically loop the passage of time, at will. One could also psychically target temporal fields around specific targets, to manipulate speed (including healing and aging processes), at will. One could even, in some cases, psychically manipulate chronons (chronitons, quantum metaphysical units of time) or temporal energy as though by Telekinesis.
Few things in nature remain unchanged by the passage of time. As such, controlling time's flow can lend a great number of benefits, in combat and everyday life. Though, each Chronokinetic faculty can pose its own set of challenges. Less experienced users might accidentally activate their abilities under extreme stress (ie freezing time to prevent harm to self or others), and then are unable to will time's progress to resume as normal.
Other Chronokinetics might find that they lack the necessary adaptations, and so their body and mind are affected the same as anyone else, when they manipulate the time stream. These have a particular vulnerability; if they move time too far back, they may revert themselves to a time before their power manifested. Thus, the user would remain powerless for the time being, and having to relive the power's manifestation again, as though for the first time. Some might even de-age themselves to an infant state, then right out of existence.
- Time Travel- While a true Time-Traveler can reposition themselves in space-time, a Chronokinetic can still travel to the past or future of their current location.
- Multiple antagonists from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga/anime series.